is your ac costing you too much money
Home I know something important:
Home .I know how expensive your central air conditioning system can be. It is inexplicable how today’s homeowner are spending on energy bills to cool their home.
Quite frankly I think they are paying too much money.
I also think you should make your air conditioning system last as long as possible to offset that expense.
With the enormous price tag central air carries at installation, you should do everything you can to make the system last – and make your Orlando AC repair company help.That’s why we’re here, after all. So, to keep it brief …
I’ve got a few tips and tricks to help you out – and these are backed up by proper scientific research and guaranteed to work. If you employ a little time, attention, and energy, your air conditioning system could even outlive the warranty.
So … if I have your attention …
Read on to find out more.
1 – KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR LITTLE WARNING SIGNS
Your air conditioner will usually be pretty great at telling you that something is fishy. If you know what to watch for, you’ll be more likely to catch problems early – before they get out of hand and cost you a fortune.
Catching problems early also prevents them from damaging other components in your air conditioner and shortening its lifespan.
HVAC repair axioms and pearls of wisdom are usually accurate. One of my favorites is straight from Ben Franklin, and even though he wasn’t talking about air conditioners back in 1736 (he was talking about fires, if you were curious), it certainly applies.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Basically, if you catch a problem while it’s small, it won’t cost you nearly as much to fix, and it won’t create a cascading mess of other problems for you, either. So here are a few warning signs to watch for.
- Poor air flow or uneven cooling throughout your home.
- Strange odors, such as burning or moldy/musty smells.
- Unfamiliar sounds coming from the air handler or condenser.
- Thermostat malfunctions
- Dripping water, an overfull drain pan, or leaks.
If you spot any impending disasters, shoot a call or email over to your Orlando AC repair professionals and ask for a preemptive air conditioning service.
2: CHANGE YOUR AIR FILTERS REGULARLY
If you were to ask me for JUST ONE piece of advice for caring for your AC system, this might be it. At every job in AC repair near me – and an enormous percentage of the air conditioning services we perform – can be traced back to blockages and airflow issues.
Dirty filters lead to a whole host of other problems, including:
- Short cycling – your air conditioner stopping and starting too often, which willdefinitely affect efficiency and will almost definitely damage your compressor.
- Frozen coils – dirty air filters stop cold air from escaping through the vents. The ensuing temperature drop can freeze – and thus, insulate – your coils, which can muck up the whole works.
- Allergen and particle buildup – Filters are there to … well, filter things. If they’re too dirty to work correctly, those allergens and particles, molds, and bacteria are going to get into your home.
- Wear and tear – dirty filters make your air conditioning system work much harder, and can shave literally YEARS off of your AC’s life.
3: CHOOSE THE RIGHT FILTER
Speaking of filters:
You have options. The one that came with your system isn’t the only compatible filter. Not every Orlando AC repair technician agrees on which type of filter you should use. Some will advise pleated, disposable filters.
Some will recommend electrostatic washable filters. You may, if you have allergies, choose HEPA filters. However, some higher-resistance filters exact a toll on your system’s efficiency because your air handler has to work harder to circulate air through them.
Striking a balance between performance (how well it traps particulates) and resistance (how easily air passes through) is key to getting the maximum life out of your air conditioner.
4: ADD CEILING FANS TO YOUR HOME
Ceiling fans don’t get enough love,